The first meeting of the Montpelier Square Garden Committee took place on 13th April 1867. The meeting opened at 5pm and was attended by residents from 7 houses: Nos 4, 26, 27, 31, 34, 39 and 41. The meeting was chaired by the owner of No. 26, Mr Marriott (whose father had built much of the square).
Here is a photo of the first page of the minute book: